Permanent Chatrooms can only be added via the Administration Panel. User created chatrooms are unavailable for users other than chatroom owner after 7 days of non-activity.
To create a Chatroom, simply visit CometChat Administration Panel → chatrooms → Add new chatroom
You can either create a public chatroom or password protected chatroom.
* To create a Public room:
1. Name the chatroom and select Type as Public room from the drop down box.
2. Click on the Add Chatroom button to create the chatroom.
* To create a Password protected room:
1. Name the chatroom and select Type as Password protected room from the drop down box.
2. Enter the password and click on the Add Chatroom button to create the chatroom.
Admins can depute moderation powers to their users.
These moderators can supervise any of the rooms (i.e. public and password protected rooms). They also have the power to kick or ban any user from any chatrooms.
With Manage moderators option the owner can administer/manage these moderators.
To view the number of available chatrooms, click on the Chatrooms option as shown in the image below:
Click on button to directly go to a particular chatroom.
Click on button to generate embed code for a chatroom. Copy this code and add it to your site’s code to make the chatroom permanently visible on that page.
Click on button to remove a particular chatroom.
For steps to embed chatroom visit following page:
Not finding what you need?
The CometChat team is here to help!