CometChat can now be used either integrated with your site’s existing login system or if the site does not have a login system.
These modes either let you integrate with the Site’s Authentication or use the Social Login feature by CometChat
The Site Authentication enables CometChat to use the existing login of the site. This mode of Authentication has the Guest Chat feature. With this feature, you can enable your visitors to automatically log into CometChat when they visit your site as Guests12432 etc.
You can configure which set of users will be displayed in the Who’s Online List for logged in users as well as for visitors.
Guest Chat Configuration
1. Login to CometChat Administration Panel
2. Select Settings -> Guest Chat
3. You can Enable or Disable the Guest Chat, as you want it.
4. If enabled, set the Prefix for guest names, Who’s Online List for guests and logged in users accordingly.
5. Click on the Update Authentication Mode button
With the Social Login feature you can easily setup social authentication for CometChat.
To enable Social Login, you need to perform the following steps:
1. Login to CometChat Administration Panel.
2. Select Settings -> Authentication Mode.
3. Click on Social Login.
4. You can have Facebook, Google+ and Twitter as the modes of authentication.
5. Click on the Update Authentication Mode button and you will have the selected modes on your site.
Not finding what you need?
The CometChat team is here to help!